Jun 30, 2014

Joy of Baking inspired Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe



             I love Joy of baking website and the the host Stephenie. She has tons of recipes in her site. I have tried many of her recipes and the latest one I tried was the chocolate chip cookies recipe. Her recipes are with videos which are easy to follow. All the recipes have an introduction about the dish followed by the ingredients and instructions. The ingredients section is very clear as she mentions the quantity of each and every ingredient in multiple ways. For example, if it is butter its given as 1 cup (2 sticks) (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature. There is no way of messing this up. I would strongly recommend this site,especially, if you are new to baking. 

My husband loves this cookie(YAYE!). I have never seen my husband have a cookie or biscuit before. He loves this one. Its true when you say 'there is a time for everything', isn't it? He likes to have this slightly warm.


Chocolate Chip Cookies



Ingredients that I used :

1 cup (200 grams) unsalted butter,room temperature (226 grams in JOB)
3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
3/4 cup (160 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla essence
2 1/4 cups (295 grams) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup  walnuts coarsely chopped  (I used some hazelnuts too)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips


Method :

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) with rack in center of oven. I used a nonstick pan but if you are not line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Cream the butter in the bowl of your electric mixer (paddle attachment or with a hand mixer). Add the white and brown sugars and beat. As per the JOB this takes about two minutes to become fluffy. Add the eggs one by one beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and beat till incorporated. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt add to the egg mixture.Beat till incorporated.


  Add the chocolate chips (keep few aside) and nuts(I kept few hazelnuts aside too)  about half way through mixing. I refrigerated this for 30 minutes.



I dropped 1 tbsp of cookie dough on the pan and press in few chocolate chip cookies and hazelnuts on the dough.


Bake it till the edges were golden brown. Voila! how can it easier. I made 5 cookies and freezed the rest of it. As you can see in the below picture the cookie which had the chocolate chips and hazelnuts pressed into it is more appetizing(for me at least:). 





No comments:

Post a Comment