Dec 28, 2014

Gorgeous Lemon Bars (A Laura Vitale Recipe)


If you want to make something that would tickle your taste buds, try these GORGEOUS lemon bars. You wont be disappointed. 

When guests were coming home yesterday I made this 'yummy custardy lemony' lemons bars. This turned out so good that I cant stop myself from having these bad boys. This is one of my favorite Laura Vitale recipes and I have made these SOOO many times . Her recipes are so easy to make and turns awesome whenever I make. Thank you Laura.  





Ingredients

Step1:- Crust
2 cups Flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cuu unsalted butter


Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius and line the pan with an aluminium foil
Now, combine all the above ingredients with a wooden spoon till it forms a soft dough. Do not overmix this. This willl not take more than 2 minutes. pres
Press the dough to the botteom of the pan. Bake this for 20 minutes and cool.

Step 2:- Filling
1 can condensed milk
4 eggs
Fresh lemon juice -a little less than 1/4th cup
Zest of half an orange*
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp flour

Mix all the above ingredients. Pour this mixture onto the baked crust and bake for another 30mins. Cool this in the fridge before you cut this into bars and serve. Dust some powdered sugar on top for a frosty look.


*Laura Vitale uses zest of a lemon. However, I used orange since I had oranges at home and I   thought this would give lemon bar a more subtle citrus flavour. Also, I did not use yellow food colour since the eggs I bought had nice orange yolks.

Here is Laura Vitale's video for lemon bars:-

Happy Cooking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment