Jan 28, 2015

Beef Curry Recipe

If you are searching for an easy simple yet packed full of flavor beef curry recipe this is the one!



For this recipe, you must use curry leaves which you can get in any Indian grocery store. Curry leaves, in my opinion gives a beautiful aroma and flavor to this curry. However, the barbeque spice I use in this recipe  is totally optional. I felt the barbeque spice will give a nice touch to the beef. The good thing about this recipe is you can totally control the  spice, throw in the all the ingredients in a pressure cooker, put the flame on and VOILA!

I was inspired to make this curry by mariasmenu.com. Honestly. I don't even know how many times I visit her site a week:-). Her recipes are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I was wondering what to do with the half kilo beef that I had and ended up making this beautiful curry. Thank you Maria. (Click here for Maria's beef recipe)


(Psst.. I had to use my camera phone for the picture since Mr cam is a lil sick..meh)


Ingredients:-

Half kilo beef cubes
1 medim sized onion chopped
6 cloves of  garlic chopped
1" ginger chopped
1 tbsp kashmiri chili powder 
 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp meat masala powder
1 tsp Barbeque spice powder(optional)
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp soya sauce
1 sprig curry leaves
2 tsp pepper powder
salt
Half cup beef stock 
1/4 cup cream
2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped


Method:-
Wash and clean the beef 
In a pressure cooker mix beef,onions,garlic,ginger, chili powder,coriander powder, meat masala powder. barbeque spice(I bought this from the carrefour spice section), vinegar, pepper powder, salt, soya sauce and curry leaves. 


Pressure cook this on low heat for 3 whistles. You don't need to add water. The water content in the beef will be released. After 3 whistles are over, put off the stove and let it rest for 20 minutes. Release the pressure and check for the  'doneness' of  beef. Mine was nice and soft at this stage.


 Add the beef stock and cook for 5 minutes on low heat. Add  the cream and give it a boil. Mix in the coriander leaves. I garnished with some coriander leaves, a dash of cream and few pinches of chilli powder. Serve hot with rice or rotis.

(I am thinking coconut milk instead of cream can take this recipe to another level too)


Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment