Jan 6, 2015

Light and Hearty Gazpacho Recipe

                            
I was searching on the net for a healthy soup recipe and I stumbled upon a Spanish chilled tomato soup called 'Gazpacho'.I liked the name, I liked the idea and I thought 'why not give it a try'. I am lazy and I don't have a food mill or a food processor. This recipe is perfect for me. Trust me cooking cant get easier! 


                          



I believe this was invented for a hot summer. However, to lose the extra pounds I put on for the holidays I need to take some extra measures. And here comes gazpacho for my rescue. You can any vegetable you like, as long it is fresh and can be eaten raw. Here is my version of Gazpacho







Ingredients


                                 1 large tomatoes                                    
1 cucumber
1 red bell pepper
1/2 lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
A handful of cilantro(You can also parsley) a
2 shallots
1 clove of garlic
1 chilli
Tomato juice( I used POM crushed tomatoes) 1/2 cup
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (for non-vegetarians)
Few ice cubes
Paprika 1/4 tsp
Salt and pepper





Method

Cut the vegetables into pieces. I reserved some chopped cucumber and tomatoes. Mix 1 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and pour it over the vegetables and mix well. Transfer this into a food processor or mixer. Pour tomato puree over this.(Psst....Keep adjusting the salt).Add all the rest of the ingredients and grind till coarse. Mix in the chopped tomato pieces.

Garnish with some chopped cucumber and cilantro. You can serve this as a chilled soup or as a drink.




OR you can serve this with crusty french bread or some grilled shrimp. I like  it the way it is,

 Light and hearty!




HAPPY COOKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment