Jan 18, 2015

Fudgy Brownie Recipe


I love brownies and I enjoy baking them too. I was going to see my niece last weekend and I wanted to make something for her-something easy yet rich.  If you are a 'chocoholic' like my family give this a try, you won't be disappointed.This has a thick crackle top with a dense moist inside. And I don't know why I feel brownies taste better the next day after its baked!! 


There are three types of brownies- 'cakey', chewy and fudgy. Fudgy brownies are my favorite because of its richness. I have always felt that this brownie tastes the best after a day or two. Secrets? Well, the overload of melted chocolate and the really well beaten eggs. You have to beat the eggs with the sugar on high speed till it becomes pale and frothy. This gives the meringue like texture to the brownies yet so dense and rich inside because of the melted chocolate and egg yolks.


These brownies can be frozen and this recipe makes about 16 large brownies.
Let get right into the recipe.

Ingredients




2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips(I substituted 1/2 cup with dark chocolate)
1/2 cup or 110 g butter at room temperature
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
Plain flour 1/2 cup
Almond meal 3/4 cup
salt 1/4 tsp
cinnamon powder 1/4 tsp(optional)
Brandy or rum 2 tsp (optional)
1/4 cup chopped nuts(optional)
You can even add some white chocolate chips. However, I like this plain :-)


Method
Preheat the oven to 350 degree F(180 C)
Butter an 8 inch square pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
Mix flour, almond meal, salt, cinnamon powder and nuts(if using) and keep aside.

Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring (double boiler method). I always melt the butter a lil bit and then add the chocolate chips. I don't want the chocolate to get burnt you see.




When the chocolate and butter has completely melted, remove from heat and keep this aside to cool.



 Meanwhile, put sugar and eggs into a bowl and beat this till pale and frothy. 



I used an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. This takes about 3 minutes. This will make sure that our brownies will get a crackly top.Add vanilla essence.



Add chocolate mixture to to the egg mixing well.  Fold in the flour mixture. If you are using any alcohol and add that too.




Bake this 30 to 40 minutes. Do not over bake this.



 The top will be cracked and when you insert a tooth pick 
it should come out with moist crumbs,

 Cool this  and cut this into pieces serve this plain or with vanilla ice cream. You are supposed to cool this for a few hours but I couldn't wait to get my hands on these. 



Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment